Tuesday, July 12, 2016

We dropped Joey off at camp and then I headed up 10 days later to make sure he was okay. Travis could not get off so Tami and Jim were going to come with us. Tami totally forgot she had a presidency meeting. You see, she was just called to be the first counselor in the Relief Society in her ward. So I went up with Jim, Zach, and Josh. Mackenzie stayed with Emily. Yeah, she has had enough of Camp Raymond, lol!
 



Joey's job was the quartermaster, or he was in charge of the equipment shed. He loved it and he was good at it! He checked stuff in and out every day. He was so proud of his shed!!!
 

I  must admit I didn't miss him as much as I thought I would. Actually it is probably because he did call me. In fact, he called me at least 4 times a day! -And the reason I came up in the middle of his session is because I got a call from him a few days before that was unbelievable.
It was 5 in the morning and the call came in and he was crying and screaming that I needed to come and get him. It was raining so hard and the wind was blowing the tent in all directions. He cried and cried and wanted to come home. No matter what I said, he could not calm down. He even put the phone down and was hysterical for a bit until he realized I was still on the line. I told him to go to the mess hall and wait the storm out. He would feel better. He finally said he would. I called him back about three hours later to see how he was doing. He said he was fine and in regards to the conversation we had earlier, I should forget about it. He didn't want to come home after all. That must have been one storm!!!
Meanwhile, when I got there his tent was a mess! And I made him clean it up. Jim just laughed and Joey decided I didn't need to visit him anymore but I threatened him that I would be there every day unless kept his laundry up. Jim kept laughing. (Joey did find three shirts that he insisted were left at home.) Zach smiled and thanked his lucky stars that it want him! Hah! Wait till we get home, buster!!!

 
Meanwhile, Mackenzie got new glasses. Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment