Saturday, July 16, 2016

Joeys coming Home!



After three weeks of blissful quiet, we headed up to Flagstaff to bring home my little man. Even Mackenzie missed him! And he looked so happy to see us! I think this the longest he has been away from home! But what a mess he was! His ankles were almost brown from caked on dirt, his face had not been washed in days. And if the lake had been close enough, I think I would have thrown him in! He insisted that he did a lot of laundry, you know, cuz last time I made a big deal about it. When I asked him how many times he showered, he admitted he only showered twice.
IN THREE WEEKS!!!
Apparently getting his swimming merit badge counted. (four times in the water) Thank goodness chlorine has its own cleaning agents! Needless to say when we got home that boy and I had a date with destiny!! We cleaned his face with facial cleanser for the first time ever. After the experience he promised me he would shower every other day. Why don't I think of these things before he goes to camp?
HIs phone came back unharmed from camp. I was somewhat surprised. And the 300 minutes, 300 messages died as we pulled into camp to pick him up. I was impressed! I thought he would use up those minutes long before he finished his job.
 
All fun aside, I love my kid! I really did miss him and I hear he wants to do it all again next year! I am proud that he wanted to give up so much time to volunteer and that his heart is growing fond of service. He is growing up to be someone I am proud of. 
 
Speaking of growing, please keep him in your prayers,  We are hoping and praying every day that he gets taller and every little bit helps :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment